Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Something you didn't know about me TUESDAY EDITION
Something you didn't know about me...

Even though I got a drivers license at the age of 16. I was so scared to drive that I didn't drive until after I got married. I was 22 when I started driving. And that was forced:)

A family friend gave us a car which was desperately needed as I was going to be attending DBU in the Fall and had no way to get there. So I go from NOT driving to driving 45 minutes daily each way. I literally prayed the whole way there and back. I didn't even listen to the radio. It was just silence.

I can hardly believe where I'm at now. I drive to all kinds of places. If you had asked me when I was 16, I would have laughed at you.

Praise God. I'm so glad to be a driver now. If I didn't drive I wouldn't have the opportunity to meet new people, visit my family and friends and so much more.
posted by Astreia at 8:34 PM -
4 Comments:
  • At April 24, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Blogger Dawn Endres said…

    hehe! My mom didn't drive or get her license until she was 28 and we always lived close enough for us to walk everywhere. I remember my mom use to walk us to and from school. I liked it. I don't know how she did it though.

     
  • At April 25, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Blogger Helen said…

    Wow! I can't imagine not wanting to drive, I was so ready to get out of the house when I was 16. ;) Glad you don't mind it now though - can you even imagine NOT driving now?

     
  • At May 8, 2008 at 1:21 AM, Blogger HolleyWithAnE said…

    I remember the days of trying to give you driving lessons on I-30 and in the Showplace parking lot. Hehe. You Rock! Let me know how things are going!

     
  • At May 14, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    I hate driving too...we did parent taught drivers ed and I actually cried one time when I had to go learn (even though my parents were totally nice). I'm actually kinda grateful that now we can't afford to have me on our car insurance so I can't/don't have to drive anywhere.

     
Post a Comment
About Me
Name: Astreia
Home: Texas, United States
About Me: I've been sewing for less than 5 years. I'm married, with 3 kids and teach. I find time to sew after the kids go to bed. It's my therapy!
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
People I like to read about!
Edit this heading

Something interesting can go here.. if you want it to. It depends what you want.

 
   
   
 
 
Free Hit Counter
Free Counter